Germany’s capital Berlin has a turbulent past, a frivolous prestige and an international charm. The city is one of Europe’s most interesting places to visit – it is a hub for digital marketers, digital entrepreneurs and start-ups from all over the world.
This is not your typical “digital nomad guide to Berlin” talking about where to stay and how much to spend. It is a list of events, places and communities that entrepreneurs, marketers and digital nomads may find inspiring.
Berlin is everything: Fucked up and weird. Sexy and proud. Young and innovative. Quirky and bizarre. Famous for culture, museums, techno and thriving not-so-underground-anymore subcultures.
Dive in and find a community of like-minded people with whatever crazy (business) passion you might have.
On that note: I created a Facebook group”Digital Nomads and Online Entrepreneurs Berlin“. Make sure to join the party.
Berlin: Places to work from
The 21st century has a growing workforce of location-independent entrepreneurs and workers. We like working from shared offices, coworking spaces and cafes.
Here are my two favorite coworking spaces to work from in Berlin:
- Factory Berlin – in Mitte and Görlitzer Park. Their new location at Görli offers a gigantic stylish building, a lot of space and a business community with tons of events every week.
- Betahaus Berlin – The classic coworking space in Berlin, now with a new location but with the same ever charming community and events.
But Coworker finds more than 80 coworking spaces, including several wework locations that should satisify your needs for a desk.
Notable mentions go to Oberholz, a cafe that has long hosted a Macbook army in Berlin-Mitte, as well as Baumhaus, a project that focuses on sustainability and offers space rentals and of course ImpactHUB offering room rentals and event spaces.
Worthwhile to explore are:
- Digital Eatery by Microsoft
- Basecamp by Telefonica
- Kaffee Käthe
- Awesome People Space
- RD Coffebar by Silicon Allee
Entrepreneurship, leadership and marketing conferences in Berlin
There are plenty of meetups, gatherings and community events every single day. And there are even more international events, concerts and conferences.
- Tech Open Air TOA: A conference on tech, business, innovation, lifestyle and everything in between with events and networking opportunities all over Berlin for an entire week.
- Heureka conference: For founders and start-ups.
- Entrepreneurship Summit: Founded by our very own German “Tim Ferris” Günter Faltin.
- NOAH conference: On leadership.
- hub.berlin: On technology and innovation.
- The massive blogger and influencer conference to take note of is re:publica, this one has been on my bucket list for years.
- Berlin Fashion Week: On… well, fashion.
- Startup up Night: Get to know the new and fresh companies of Berlin.
- DNX Berlin: German event for aspiring digital nomads.
- SMX Advanced: An international conference on search marketing
A lot of events can also be found in the startup calendar.
Co-created communities in Berlin
What I love about this city is the variety of communities. Here is a selection of them:
- Activating collective leadership: Leadership³
- Exploring a sustainable lifestyle: Greenme Berlin
- A networking event for inspiration: 12min me
- Exploring impact of businesses: Phineo
- Kiez Burn community
- Fustion Festival
- Betabreakfast, every Thursday at 9.30am
- SOHO house Berlin Mitte (for members)
- Weekly meetup for digital nomads
- Solopreneur meetup for Berlin
- Facebook group for Berlin Startup Events
- Silicon Allee community events
>>> Make sure to join our very own Facebook group “Digital Nomads and Online Entrepreneurs Berlin“. This is where the cool kids like to hang out. Don’t miss it! And bring your friends.